Attendance at sessions should be booked in advance where possible using online payment. This is done via our online membership and booking system (TeamUp). For the time being we are still accepting cash on the door for most sessions (the Strength & Conditioning session is online payment only). However, we will be switching over to online booking only for ALL sessions in the next few months.
- Wednesday 6:00 to 7:00 pm
- Sunday 5:30 to 6.30pm and 6:30 to 7:30pm
Venue: King Henry VIII Sports Centre, Spencer Road, Coventry.
Cost: £3 for club members, £5 for non members.
These are coached sessions unless specified on the day. Usually there will be two or three coaches on poolside. The session will be set out in advance. If the session is coached, the coaches will take you through the session. Lifeguard cover is provided separately by the sports centre.
- If you cannot swim 100m freestyle continuously, please attend the 6:30pm session on Sunday so that you can get “up to speed” with extra attention from the coaches. They will tell you when you are ready to move on to the 5:30pm Sunday session and the 6pm Wednesday session.
- If you have any medical conditions or injuries that might affect your participation, please ensure you mention these to the coaches on poolside BEFORE EACH SESSION. If the coaches feel that, for your safety and welfare and the safety and welfare of the other participants, you need an assessment of your needs, they will ask you to attend a safeguarding assessment at 6:30pm on a Sunday, where the assessment will be carried out by one of the L2 coaches and the Welfare Officer.
- You must swim as set out in the session plan, unless injury prevents you from doing certain parts (for example some of the drills). If you would like to do your own session, there may be space to do so at 6:30pm on a Sunday, but this will be at the coaches’ discretion – please check with the coaches before getting in the water.
We have a weekly run session on Tuesday evenings at 6:30pm. These are held at War Memorial Park, Kenilworth Road, Coventry. We meet at the main car park near the Park and Ride. This is not a coached session and will be led by one of the club members.
Spinning (Oct-March only)
A indoor cycling session is held every Thursday evening from beginning of October through to the end of March. Sessions are led by qualified indoor cycling instructors.
Time: 7:30 to 8:30pm
Venue: Simply Gym, Cannon Park, Coventry.
Cost: £3 for members, £5 for non-members.
Notes: please bring a towel and water with you. The spin bikes take SPD cleats, so if you have bike shoes with SPDs, please bring them with you. Otherwise, bring trainers. Please make sure your bike shoes or trainers are clean.
Monthly social bike ride
We have a social bike ride, usually on the first Sunday of the month, which includes 3 groups of different speeds (fast 18-20 mph, medium 14-16 mph and social around 10-12 mph however no-one is left behind). This is not a coached session and each group will be led by a volunteer session leader. The aim is a social ride, to allow members to mix and chat. It also provides the opportunity to explore different areas with someone who knows the locality. Meeting location is usually The Village Hotel, Canley at 8:30am prompt. We finish at the same location with everyone meeting for a coffee, cake and a chat.
Cov Tri holds an annual training camp at Radley College, Oxfordshire, over a weekend (10am Fri – 5pm Sun) at end of March or beginning of April,. The training camp is led by our experienced L2 coaches and covers a variety of sessions including swim, bike and run skills, strength and conditioning, transition skills and race prep. The cost of the weekend includes all meals, accommodation and training sessions. Anyone wishing to attend for Saturday only can choose to do so.
The 2020 training camp will be on Fri 3 – Sun 5 April 2020 and is open to members only. The cost is £185 per person for the whole weekend or £55 for Saturday only. To register, please complete this registration form and, if attending for the whole weekend, pay a deposit of £50 per person. The balance is due by Friday 27 March 2020.